SQL Server Admin (9 articles)
- Create a SQL Server database on an external disk and secure it with Transparent Database Encryption
- Moving SQL Server System or User Databases to a New Location like a Pro
- Change SQL Server Configuration Using sp_reconfigure, Usually Subsequent to a SQL 15281 Error
- Can't Save Table Schema Changes in SQL Server Management Studio?
- SQL Profiler filtered by specific object (table, view, stored proc, function) name
- Build Versions for SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005, 2000, 7 & 6.5
- Create a SQL Login that does not see all databases on the server
- Best RAID Choices for SQL Server Data Files, Logs, as well TempDB
- Do not be afraid of deadlocks. Handle them adequately at the middle-tier instead.
Oracle (15 articles)
- Running Oracle stored procedures and viewing the output results in Visual Studio. Part 5 of 5
- INS-32025 The chosen installation conflicts with software already installed in the given Oracle home
- ODP.NET managed Oracle Data Provider for .NET for Oracle 11g or Oracle 12c
- Generate random date value in Oracle (PL/SQL)
- Quick & easy "Key Value" starter pack with table & Get/Set stored procedures, Oracle PL/SQL version
- Oracle Error While Merging : ORA-00957 duplicate column name?
- ORA-01489:result of string concatenation is too long
- Change Oracle ODBC Driver Names In Windows Registry If So Required By Your Scaled Out Application
- Debug Oracle 11g or 12c Stored Procedures and Functions in Visual Studio 2013. Part 4 of 5
- Version control of Oracle Databases in TFS or any other source code management app. Part 3 of 5
- Add ODP.NET to your Oracle 11g and 12c Database Projects in Visual Studio 2013. Part 2 of 5
- Manage your Oracle 11g and 12c Database Projects in Visual Studio 2013 like a Pro! Part 1 of 5
- How to make your Oracle queries case insensitive
- Debug Oracle 11g Stored Procedures with Visual Studio 2012
- Oracle tips for SQL Server developers who are NEW to Oracle
TFS (5 articles)
- how to master Team Foundation Server Administration, and how to ace the TFS certification exam!
- TFS build agent is offline or unavailable and cannot talk to build controller...after a service pack
- Undocumented TFS 2010 Background Jobs that perform Clean-ups, Refresh Identity, AD Sync etc
- Quick & Simple Team Foundation Server 2010 Disaster Recovery
- Branching Main to create a Release branch that will handle hot patches and service packs in TFS
SQL Server Dev (12 articles)
- View & Delete SQL Server tables by their descending dependency order, not to violate foreign keys
- Quick & easy "Key Value" starter pack with table and Get/Set stored procedures, SQL Server version
- Find # of times a substring is found within a string, and differences between len() and datalength()
- Does an empty string value in a varchar column occupy more space than NULL?
- Getting Started With SQL Server BI and SSDT on Visual Studio 2012, Part 1
- Customize your SQL Server 2012's Toolbar for a more efficient SSMS coding experience
- Entity Framework "login" error: EF can modify an existing database but cannot create a new one
- How to only return column names or metadata (and no data) in SQL Server & Oracle
- SQL TOP (@n) vs SQL SET ROWCOUNT vs ORACLE ROWNUM
- Debug SQL Server 2012 Stored Procedure in Visual Studio 2013, Step by Step
- Get Up & Running on SQL Azure in Less Than five Minutes!
- Optimize your environment by customizing your SQL Server 2008 R2's Toolbar
Database, General (2 articles)
- Avoiding SQL Injections & Handling Special Characters in SQL Server & Oracle
- The six pillars of Data Quality
Process & Methods (8 articles)
- Benefits and challenges of working from home with remote teams. Part 2 of 2.
- Benefits and challenges of remote teams, and how to make it work. Part 1 of 2.
- Agile Database Development, Part 5 of 5
- Agile Database Development, Part 4 of 5
- Agile Database Development, Part 3 of 5
- Agile Database Development, Part 2 of 5
- Agile Database Development, Part 1 of 5
- Keep Ignoring those Technical Debts and you Will Certainly Hit Technical Bankruptcy
Miscellaneous (4 articles)
- Error 15118: The password does not meet Windows policy requirements because it is not complex enough
- Find what is locking in-use files and folders in Windows quickly, and unlock them
- Why does my computer wake up from sleep in the middle of the night? It's bothersome!
- Encrypt ASP.NET Web.config's connectionStrings section